Thursday 28 January 2016

2016 Workshop dates

I have some lovely workshops to offer you this year, two of which are on a new and exciting surface which I haven't taught before.
I first used this smooth synthetic paper about five years ago when I saw it in the USA, I bought some large sheets and began experimenting, but its only recently become available to buy here in the UK so Im very excited about showing you how to use it.

It doesn't cockle, no matter how wet you paint on it, it won't crease, its completely smooth and the results are quite luminous. You can also erase any watercolour from it, even if its completely dry! Don't worry, Im going to provide the paper for you to use on the day, so you don't have to buy anything especially to do the workshop.
The two dates I am offering these workshops are 6th April and 24th May all the other workshops I am using my usual watercolour paper.
These are the two subjects I am offering on this new surface, it is difficult to show on a photograph just how luminous and lovely these are, I hope they inspire you to try this great surface.


6th April workshop

24th May workshop

I anticipate that these two workshops will book up especially quickly, and as only 9 lucky people can attend each one, be sure to check your diary so you don't miss out.

So many of you want to paint flowers, especially in the Summer, but just incase you think all I'm offering is flowers, you'd be wrong, Im also going to be painting lovely street scenes as well as children. I am only able to offer a limited number of workshops in 2016 as my diary is already filling up with Society and Show demonstrations, group workshops, painting holidays, and Gallery paintings - oh, and in between all that.... there is also life!  

I do hope you can join me and enjoy a days painting sometime this year here in the Cotswolds.







No comments: