Wednesday 19 February 2014

Writing for Leisure Painter magazine this week

After some wonderful feedback from various Art Societies and groups about the simple way in which I demonstrate flower painting, I thought it might be nice to share these ideas with readers of the Leisure Painter magazine, so I am currently working on a series of three articles to be published in June, July and August this year. If you don't have a subscription, do look out for these publications.

I cant reveal exactly what they will be about, that would spoil the surprise, but I have had such fun this week using wet in wet techniques and sumptuous colours.

That's the beauty of painting, you can do it indoors or out, so when I don't want to paint outside in the wet weather, I paint in  my studio. 

For those of you interested in workshops later this year, I plan to offer a 'loose flowers' day which will include similar techniques to those used in this image, I cant wait to start planning them in March!

No comments: