Monday 3 June 2013

Preparing for the Patchings Art Show

Reflections  at Whitby
I have been planning my demos for the Patchings Art show 6th - 9th June.

This is probably the nicest show of the year that I do, there is always a great atmosphere, a band, lots of keen painters and so much for everyone to see. Of course, I am in a marquee (The Artist Publishing marquee Number 11) most of the time so I don't get to see it all, but on the set up day, I try to rush about and say hello to all the artists I have met here over the years.
This year my demos have been inspired by my trip to Cornwall in May, so I have drawn 20 paintings which I will complete over the 4 days. Yes 20, that is not a typo! I have about half an hour for each one, so they need to be fast and fairly simple. Bearing in mind that there may be 100 people all crammed into the marquee, the people at the back need to see something interesting as well as the people on the front row, so its no good fiddling about with a Rigger brush!  I also need to use a variety of mediums, supplied by Daler, so I will be using, watercolours, acrylic ink, various acrylics and pastels (although not all at the same time)


This is one of the paintings I shall be using as a reference for one of my demos.  (its the only one I will be doing which is not from Cornwall) I might tackle it in watercolour or inks, it just depends on what I feel like doing on the day.

My demo times are 10.30am, 11.30am, 1pm, 2.30pm, 3.30pm so do come and say hello if you can.

No comments: