Sunday 17 February 2013

Splashing about with watercolour

Sometimes it's so exciting to be creative and just spend some time painting what I fancy. I love it when a painting begins to take shape and I can just keep working on it till the light goes and I am forced to stop, I get so impatient with the drying times when Im just itching to keep going, so working on more than one painting can be a solution to my impatience! 
This week I wanted to experiment more with Daniel Smith watercolours, some of which flocculate and separate giving some wonderful results, so I planned to work on a small series of pictures on based on the same theme. I find it can be a good idea to work on a series as it focuses my mind and leads on to developmental challenges which I enjoy.

All Ship Shape 15 x 22 inches

This subject was planned months ago on a trip to Weymouth, the sailing boats in the early morning light really inspired me and Ive been itching to work on them ever since. I did a lot of flicking paint, dropping in strong colours, tilting the board and allowing the paint to run, however its mainly done on the flat.
There are three others, two of which will appear in a magazine article later this year, so I cant let the cat out of the bag!

No comments: