Friday 15 February 2019

Sunshine here I come

Sitting on the plane for an hour at the airport due to ‘a slippy walkway’ means I can catch up on a little sleep, after all, it’s January, I’m lucky the airport isn’t closed again like it was yesterday. All those poor people stranded for 5 hours, looking out at the snowy runway, I can just have a little nap, then I’m on my way to a sunny week away.

Before I know it, its touchdown, my case is on the carousel (always a relief) and I’m pulling my case towards the line of waiting coaches amongst a sea of excited passengers all desperate to get onto their coach. My destination is ‘Memories’ it’s the second stop and just 20 minutes away, I will soon be sipping a long cool drink under an overhead fan, listening to the gentle waves lapping onto the beach.
Check-in was busy and noisy, I did however get a dark red icy drink of something occupying the bottom part of a champagne flute which was quite nice, a bit sweet perhaps, but yes, a welcome start. 

Once at the front of the queue the very first thing I needed to decide was ‘did I want to upgrade to the diamond club? Not having even seen the resort, why would I want to spend more?
If not the diamond club at US$50 a day then how about the lesser upgrade package, a snip at just US$30 a day more, with the added incentive today of a 10% discount, for today only.
My welcome drink now we’ll and truly gone, all I wanted was my room, so as a map was then thrust before me, the receptionist proceeded to put red rings around certain sections of the map telling me I could go here, here and here, I could eat here here and here, and I could 'sit here on the the beach, oh and there was the little train shuttle which would take me to me room, my bags would appear in my room like magic. But before I go, here is my blue wrist band, attached firmly, and not to be lost or it will cost an additional US$20 to replace, it acts as my room key allows me access to the resort and now all I needed to do was to go and have a wonderful time.


As I sat in the  open shuttle, I could hear laughter, splashing and the high pitched squeals of peacocks, yes, peacocks, I definitely spotted one on someone’s ground floor patio. I arrived at block 27, this place is a lot bigger than I had thought, those little flip flops are going to get good use.



I’m on the top floor, the view will be lovely, pity there is no lift, but not to worry.
Whew! At last I’m outside the door, but the wrist band doesn’t seem to be working. Instead of the little green light, I’m getting a big red one.... grrrr
However, all is not lost, there is a lovely concierge down on the ground floor, only three flights down... Now, should I leave my bag by the door or carry it all the way down... I’ll take it with me.
I should not have packed such heavy hand baggage, did I really need that book, my iPad, camera, and three pairs of glasses? Madness, next time I shall be far more savvy.

Hooray, it’s not a problem, he will be able open my door, only three flights back up again, then I’m in! It’s only 5pm it’s still lovely and sunny, there will be time for a quick change and a relax.

The room is lovely, the little balcony has a pool view, the TV says ‘Welcome me’ and my case is here! Result!
Should I leave the packing, get my cozzy on and sit by the pool for an hour, or unpack? Ha! No contest, I can unpack when it’s dark, let’s head for the pool.

Think!

Hang on, hang on, so once I’m in my cozzy, and had a swim,  I’m now in a wet cozzy, I then can’t get back into my room, and I can’t go to reception in wet swim wear....
This thwarts my swimming plan, so I now have to walk back to reception to get my wrist band rescanned!
So I am either in my room, or off to reception.....
It’s a LONG way back, and I havn't yet worked out where I catch the little train from....

No comments: