Monday 19 March 2018

A good idea at the time

What a lovely shop I found myself in, full of very unusual gift ideas and arty books, as well as a cafe. Surrounded by unique items, I spotted a delightful blue elephant lamp, glowing on a display. It was not alone, there was a fish, a parrot, a turtle, but the baby elephant was my favourite. 
With a 'new arrival' due soon, this looked like an ideal gift.
Surprisingly, these lovely lamps were all in rather small boxes,  but ideal to carry home!
I really can't expect new Parents to assemble their gift, and it will be such a fun project.


Yes, I bought the 'paper lamp kit' 26 cms tall, after all, how hard could it be?

The box has been sitting in my kitchen now for a couple of weeks, I did take a little peek inside and fairly quickly closed the lid again, but with the snow outside, it seemed like a lovely Sunday afternoon activity.


The afternoon just flew by and before I knew it, after copious cups of tea, the light began to fade. 

All the pieces are now scored and folded, I just need to glue all the bits together... in the right order.


Good job this is classed as an 'easy' one! Skill level 1 out of 5 (perhaps 1 is most difficult, oops!)


This lamp will be worth a small fortune in man hours!


I shall let you know when my project is finished... let's hope the new arrival doesn't arrive too soon!

No comments: