Friday 5 September 2014

Come and visit us

It's been the most fabulous summer with lots of outdoor painting opportunities, plenty of sunshine and long days to get lots of painting done. 
I have painted a few river paintings this summer which include children paddling, a scene very common here in the village during the school holidays. Fishing nets and home made boat races seem to be the order of the day, a great reminder of childhood without the internet and technology. A simpler time when making things and inventing games was what the summer holidays were all about, so I enjoy seeing children enjoying the river in the sunshine.
Each painting I have done over the summer has sold, which is lovely, so I have four of my most recent paintings being framed in time for my Open Studio event next week. 

The Open Studio is between the 10th to the 14th of September and we are open from 10.00 - 4.00 each day. Our marquee was erected over the Bank holiday week end in preparation for the event. , it's a three man job putting it up, so family come to help us with the promise of some tasty meals and an otherwise relaxed week end. 

The added fun this year was our additional helper?? Our new puppy, Maggie May. She has chewed a few used brushes and bit into a tube of gouache which could have been a disaster, but we got to her just in time! All paints are now above dog height and she is banned from Terry's studio!  

Do come and visit us, watch some painting demos and view all the paintings we have on display.
This event is free, but this year I am selling lovely hand made poppies as part of the national poppy appeal, I have just 24 hand knitted poppies which I made during the winter evenings and I am hoping people will make a donation to have one of my lovely creations!

No comments: