Tuesday 12 March 2013

A hectic week

My feet have not touched the ground this last week!
I seem to have spent quite a bit of time sitting in traffic getting to and from workshops and demos, nearly getting stranded in the snow but escaping and reaching home at 1am! those are the times when I just hope the phone doesn't ring early the next day.

I seem to have done mainly figures and townscapes which I always enjoy. This is what I did with the group in Salisbury yesterday. We began by painting some small figures to loosen up, then the figures became larger and a bit more tricky. We also practised wet in wet backgrounds which look easy, but goodness how those paints can move! This was the scene we all painted using a photo as reference of a street in Mousehole in Cornwall. We did our final painting in just  2 hours in the afternoon.


This was the first time they had ever organised a workshop and the organisers were a bit nervous. The pressure was on them for everyone to have a good day, and of course succeed. luckily by the of the day many were saying 'when can we have another one!' which was great.
I then travelled yesterday evening to  Wareham on the South Coast, where I did two demos, one of a group of figures and the other of a crowded London street scene. Another busy day!

No comments: